03 November 2010

It's sportswear baby!

Im back baby!

And with this second year at De Montfort University, I am now studying sports and swimwear (and contour).
Our newest projects are to design 2 sportswear outfits and for an external lingerie client.

Sportswear;
We have been given tutorials on how to make these garments;
  • Jogging bottoms
  • Jogging shorts
  • Cycle leggings
  • Cycle shorts
  • Vest top
  • Strap vest top
  • Cap sleeve body
  • Sleeved unitard
  • Pointelle top
With these garments made up (I'll upload them later on, promise!) we have to choose a sport and design specifically for it.
I have chosen downhill biking, since my friend is a hardcore biker and I can use that for research.
When I asked him a few questions on this form of biking, the biggest realisation is that women are highly victimised in this area when it comes to clothing. It is uncomfortable for them and when even looking at high end stores, even they do not have formed protection for women bikers.
The protection they have now flattens the bust and does not flatter the female form.
So I plan to resolve this!
You shall see a new reolution in female sportswear!

Lingerie;
In this separate part of the course, we were taught on how to make;
  • Padded vertical seam bra
  • Padded basque
  • Control brief
  • Control thong
  • Control boxer brief
Pictures to come soon!
With these, we are to design for an external client (All shall be revealed soon!) creating a control collection for them.I think I'll keep this one a secret. ^_^